Until now Church Lake has only been open to anglers on a friend or favour basis, resulting in over 200 anglers catching personal best carp from this incredible water.
- SIZE – 4.7 acres
- NUMBER OF SWIMS – 8
- MAX NUMBER OF ANGLERS – 6
- SPECIES – Carp and Pike
- LAKE RECORD CARP – 61lb 6oz mirror
The lakes, their topography and how to catch them
Both lakes have a clay foundation varying in depths down to 12ft, but averaging 6ft with bars, gullies and shallow depressions full of bloodworm rich silt. There is extensive weed growth so you may choose to look for clay hard spots amongst the weed or alternatively fish in the weed which is crawling with natural grub. The fish are receptive to a variety of different approaches and tactics from beds of bait to zigs and floaters – all methods have accounted for the big girls over the years.
- Secure parking with CCTV
- Male and female toilet facilities on site (adjacent to the car park – approx. 300 metres from the lakes)
- Quad bike and trailer service to transport your equipment from the car park to the lakes and for moving swims
- The lodge, sited between the two lakes, offers a fully fitted kitchen, shower, bait freezer and charging points for electrical devices
- Full time bailiff on hand to help, give advice, pop down to the local shops and arrange takeaways
- Prior to arrival there will be the opportunity to order and purchase Nashbait at preferential rates. Please email email@example.com a minimum of 7 days prior to your session with your order