Nash Lakes – Terms of Purchase
By purchasing a product on this website you consent to being 16 years of age or over.
Scope & Consent
By using this website you are contracting with Kevin Nash Group PLC, PO Box 2061, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 9WQ.
The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the UK and elsewhere in the world where our data centers are located.
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Nash Lakes has or is likely to have access to.
Changes to this Policy
Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalised experience on our website, to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
- Provide, improve, and personalise our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your auction bids and basket.
- Give you access to your purchase history, bids, and other feature usage.
- Provide you with offers and opportunities on behalf of Kevin Nash Group PLC.
- Customise, measure, and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
- Personalise our advertising and marketing communications
- Personalise, measure, and improve our advertising based on your preferences
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you vouchers, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services and those of Kevin Nash Group PLC. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our rules and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customised and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which we may contact you about your account, and your bidding and buying activities. There, you can also control your member-to-member communications preferences setting and choose which communications and promotions you want to receive.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, or change your Communication Preferences. Keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
When you sign in to your account, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorisation. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Bid, buy or make an offer on an auction lot
- Purchase a lot with PayPal
- View your bidding activity or history
- View order details
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate
- Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws
- We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section on the website. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so
We may disclose your personal information to companies associated with Kevin Nash Group PLC or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
Kevin Nash Group PLC associate companies and approved third parties, who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support)
- help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, and data security breaches
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications. Kevin Nash Group PLC and its associated companies will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them
- Service Providers and financial institutions partners
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customise advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our rules, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorised by law
- to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our rules, respond to claims, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
- to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and website usage history
Data disclosure to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family
We may disclose your personal information to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family for the following purposes:
- to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your Nash Lakes account.
- to provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional disputes)
- to facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services with a payment card and we use PayPal to process your payment
- to facilitate shipping and related services for purchases you made using PayPal
Change of Ownership
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section on the Nash Lakes website.